Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I Feel Like a Butcher!



Tomorrow morning Cules and I are taking FIVE dogs, or no,four dogs and my baby girl Minki, to be spayed! It is going to be a bloodbath. Kennels have been brought up to the house, so every dog can be separate and convalesce on its own,Minki will be staying inside the house as always off course.My heart feels so heavy knowing how sore she is going to be for a long time. I feel guilty.... She sleeps on my bed and I don't want to have to lock her up when she is on heat. So I am having her spayed....I am cruel..She doesn't suspect a thing,wait until I take away her food and water later tonight..and keep her away from it in the morning...she's going to hate me!




First seaside holiday



This is how dogs dig on the beach!



Fashion icon



Protecting our campsite at endurance races



Travels the country with Mom and Dad


7 comments:

  1. They will all be ok and it seems like they just go on like not much has happened. It is the best thing to do. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the "fashion icon" pic. Don't worry about them they'll be fine. When I had Dawson neutered he was happy to see me when I went to pick him up. It's like the old joke....Lock your wife(or hubby)and dog in the trunk of the car for one hour. After the hour open the trunk and see which one is happy to see ya :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Minki is such a doll! I know surgery is always traumatic for pets and their people. As long as the incisions heal and they don't lick at their stitches, all should be well in a week or so. Keep them out of the dirt if you can so they don't get infections! I'm always a wreck when my babies are at the vet's, but spay/neuter is the best thing for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand how you feel, but, they'll be just fine. It's the kindest thing that you can do for them. At least, being dogs, they will take their meds, if they're wrapped in FOOD! Cats, not so easy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Liesl, Minki will be just fine! She will love you for it and of course forgive you too......as soon as she is better. What a cutie she is! You are doing the best thing for her (and you guys too).
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww... bless your heart! I know how you feel- when we had to have our little ram lamb castrated, I kept reminding myself it was for the best (the slaughter was the only other alternative!) but afterwards he was looking at me like "that hurt! why did you do that to me!" and I felt terrible.
    Hang in there, girl- she'll be better soon and won't remember a thing!

    ReplyDelete

Hi,thank you for stopping by "A Little African Magic" and joining my adventures in South Africa. I do enjoy and appreciate to hear from each and every one of you!