Monday, October 4, 2010

Bushpig baiting and pancakes & Pubs in the mountain

Protea


Had a lovely day out in the mountain with hubby & and kids yesterday,awesome scenery and fresh mountain air!





Come on,let the camera get you!



Some guys hunt from hides like these. I can think of a much comfier way of spending the night,a good book in my bed is much more to my liking!  Then we went and ate some lovely pancakes in the picturesque little town of  Haenetsburg




After all that we needed a beer in the town's pub....and found this displayed there! Apparently the Duke of Atholl lives in the area. Now that we never even knew!

8 comments:

  1. That flowering plant is just gorgeous! What a great photo!!! Glad you had a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the mountains to the pub, that sounds like a great day. And I agree, that flower is gorgeous!--Inger

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the hide. It looks about as comfortable as my bed :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flower is our national flower, the protea. It is quite a sight to see them blooming en masse! We had a great day out,thanx everyone! Hope you have a blessed week ahead!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like fun, great shots!

    http://youcanfacetodaybecausehelives.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are some good shots and I love the protea. Gorgeous. That is also a very distinguished uniform. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great captures!
    I love that flower!!!!
    (and pancakes;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, I noticed art as one of your interests, I started a new art blog maybe u'll like it! Thanks and keep up great work.

    ReplyDelete

Hi,thank you for stopping by "A Little African Magic" and joining my adventures in South Africa. I do enjoy and appreciate to hear from each and every one of you!