Sunday, October 17, 2010

Dogs On a Sunday Outing



Whoo hoo ! Going on an outing!

We took the dogs for a run in the hills surrounding our farm today. I have never seen the four young hounds out working in the bush and was very much surprised by how calm and obedient they were,staying behind the vehicle and not straying away on every scent they picked up. They are being trained to be tracking dogs one day.




Just to give you an idea of how dry the African bush can be this time of year, hard to imagine that by December this dry veld will be covered in lush green grass.




This is Cules at his happiest....




A welcome drink of water after all that running





Off course Minki had to reward herself with a ice cream when we got back home....




I hope you all had a wonderfull Sunday!
xoxo

10 comments:

  1. I am a dog person and all of yours look wonderful. However, I am a sucker for your Jack Russell. Love the pic of her eating the ice cream. Also, you commented on my blog about what root beer is. It is like a cola type beverage and I don't really know how to describe the flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Minki is such a charachter.We actually have four Jacks; Flower (fatty), Riempies, Minki and Minki's younger full brother Yogi Bear. Will post pics of them as well. Perhaps you can mail me a picture of the can and contents when you have root beer in your house again,so I can try and find something similar here in South Africa??

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a lot more dogs than I thought! Glad the hounds cooperated on your outing!

    Wow. No root beer in S. Africa. Like Farmchick said, it's a cola drink, but it's much sweeter and richer in flavor. Lots of folks enjoy root beer floats - ice cream crammed down into a glass w/ root beer poured over it. Yum!

    They make hard candies in the shape of barrels with the flavor of root beer. I think we need to get a care package together and send it to you. 1) candy corn 2) root beer barrels. We'll just keep adding to the list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your dogs and I'm glad to meet them all. Hope to see many more pics of them.--Inger

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can Root beer be what is known as Ginger beer here?? Yaj, you can send me packages with all sorts of goodies, I wont mind one bit! I will send you Biltong and Mealie Meal Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice looking hounds. What are you going to train them to track?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanx Joe,the plan is that they will be used for anti-poaching purposes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Liesl, what great looking dogs! Yes, hard to imagine that landscape to be lush in a couple of months. Thanks for tour.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That looks like a lot of work- that many dogs at once!!!
    What a landscape....can't wait to see it green:)

    ReplyDelete

Hi,thank you for stopping by "A Little African Magic" and joining my adventures in South Africa. I do enjoy and appreciate to hear from each and every one of you!