Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Leopard,a Jack Russel Terrier and a Troop of Vervet Monkeys!



Riempies is feeling a bit sorry for himself..I don't think he realises what had happened to him yet....He thought he had caught a monkey and then it caught him! It held onto his legs with his little hands and chewed his leg,while Riempies was chewing the monkey..... I won't say who let go first, it's a man thing you know..This pic was taken the day after,note his bandage and the "where are those monkeys?"  look. Both Riempies and the monkey are mainly nurturing their hurt ego's respectively..

.....as for my husband...imagine sitting down on your front lawn after work at five in the afternoon and opening that first ice cold beer...when all hell brakes loose and a troop of monkeys storm over your yard fence into your yard followed closely by a full grown male leopard! The leopard saw the humans,stopped outside the fence and disappeared into the bush....

 Makes you wonder what happens at your house during the day when you are not home... 

Cules says he doesn't know what happened to his beer.... I'm thinking a monkey had a greater need for that beer! No,no pic of the leopard as I have the camera with me this week,but Cules says he WILL get a picture of one as he has seen three different leopard already in the two- and- a -half weeks he has been up North.

PS: As for me, I found a spitting cobra inside my riding hat today,a baby only about 50cm long, but definitely not very much appreciated thank you!

The fun never ends!

The End

20 comments:

  1. What a Day!! so so glad your little doggie (with a great big heart!) is doing well after his run in!
    Love your blog!!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously? You found a snake in your hat? Oh my word....I would never want to where a hat ever again! I would be shaking my clothes out like a mad woman every time I went to get dressed.!!!! (ONLY 50cm long? YOU ARE VERY BRAVE!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Dawn,the funny thing is,I carried the hat for about 10m and shook it to clean the dust of before realizing I am about to plonk a snake filled hat on my head! I am not brave at all,I am so scared of snakes I am sure you must have heard me screaming all the way down to Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Ann, I so enjoy your blog as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love snakes, but a cobra in my hat would be pushing it! Gah!
    Brave little dog, heal quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Samantha,Riempies' bandage is off already and he is just fine! I do not like snakes as we have black mambas here which means death within 5 min. if you can't reach a phone in time! I am quite snake orientated but today took me totally by surprise,in my riding hat...by jove!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, I hope Cules gets a pic of one of those leopards! that must have been something - a troop of monkeys being chased by a leopard. yikes! now the snake in the hat, NO FUN! be careful! louise can't help you from here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Theresa, I am sure he will get us a pic as sightings of leopard in that area are plentiful! The snakes are having a last feeding frenzy before winter comes and so the encounters are going to be almost daily for a while still...! Hope you are OK my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That is crazy that monkeys, a leopard and a baby cobra was seen around your house today! I think I'd be terrified to live there! But I do hope you'll be able to capture a photo of that leopard, can't wait to see it:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW a leopard seen from your porch, I am sooooooo jealous. The cobra I can do without, although I am fond of snakes I prefer the non-poisonous variety! Take care, and I really mean that, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. And I worry about deer eating my roses. How exciting your day is. Love the dog picture!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy cow! That's enough excitement for a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sometimes I forget where you guys live and this certainly was a wakeup call. Baby snakes can be really bad, my dog got bitten by a baby rattler and he suffered a lot, but survived. Better check your hat before you put it on from now on.--Inger

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh...and I thought neighbor dogs were bad! LOL I don't know how you abide the snake though..eek! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope the injury isn't serious. It makes me grateful that I don't have the wildlife you do. I can't imagine living in such a "wild" place.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I cannot imagine monkeys in the yard, much less a leopard. And then the cobra!!! Seriously, I don't know how you do it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Liesl... late catching up. Glad that Riempies is OK! Amazing to be able to see such wildlife from your home although the snake I could do without!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi I am new Visitor to your Blog and all I can say is wow..

    ReplyDelete
  19. Holy cow!!!! Leopards in the yard and cobras in your hat!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh gosh...and I was just thinking I would maybe like to live in South Africa. After this ... No - Way! Glad I can live vicariously through your blog! :D

    ReplyDelete

Hi,thank you for stopping by "A Little African Magic" and joining my adventures in South Africa. I do enjoy and appreciate to hear from each and every one of you!