Thursday, April 14, 2011

Around & About!




Hi everyone,just to let you all know that I am well and about! Cules  have been on a farm right on the border of Zimbabwe the last almost two weeks! He has the camera with him and will be coming back today. I will do a post with pics tomorrow morning. A friend of his got sick with diabetes out of the blue while his wife was visiting their children in Australia, he got so sick while alone on the farm that it was touch and go whether he would survive for a whole week! Cules went to oversee his workers for him until he is well enough to do it himself,which will be awhile still...This is the land of baobab trees,kopjes and lots of wild animals. Cules has seen leopard,kudu,nyala,giraffe,you name it! The baboon and vervet monkeys are making their work hell apparently. He is doing very specific trimming of orange trees at the moment and the monkeys and baboon reckon they can do it better!  As to why I placed the above pic:  ...it was taken about three weeks ago,Jess(in the purple shirt) kept on winning at cards..,she was cheating of course but none of us could figure out how,just check out that body language! She is coming home again in a weeks time and we still haven't figured out the cheating thing!

12 comments:

  1. Hi Liesl... was wondering why it had gone quiet! Nice to have you back. Sorry to hear of your friends illness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was wondering where you went!
    Glad Cules was able to be there and so very glad your friend better than before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liesl
    What a fright for your friend. Hope he is feeling much better. How I love baobab trees. I hope Cules will take some pictures of our mighty trees. Naughty Jess I wonder what her secret is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kelly,he says he has taken lots of pics for us of baobab trees,he has my camera with him,hence no posts on my blog for a while! Please remember to scan and send the picture your son drew of Mielie and Cules for us!( I hope I remember correctly,but I am sure it was your son?)
    xoxo Liesl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad Cules was able to help your friend. You can't have enough friends like Cules. Hope he got some pics of the leopards :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry your friend has had such a rough time! His wife must be just beside herself being far away and unable to help! Thank God for Cules! Glad all is well in your world - except for a certain card cheat... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to see all is well, I have missed you! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wondering where you were Liesl. Good to hear things are fine and that Cules could help out his friend in need!
    Looking forward to the animal pics!!!! You live in such a different environment than here. That's what I absolutely love about blogging! Learn so much.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just popped over from It's a Small Town Life...I was so curious to see and read about your farming in Africa! nice to 'meet' you:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wonderful of Cules to help out! I love hearing about all the wild animals wandering around. So different from where I'm at.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Liesl
    Yes! It was my little 3 year old, Noah, who drew the picture of Mielie and Cules. He calls Cules Farmer Oak! Don't know where he gets that from!!! In fact, can you believe it, just tonight, after a few weeks not playing at Mielie, he was pretending to be Mielie again - when he was on the stairs on the way to bed. His brother had to pretend to give him an injection and then he was better enough to get up the stairs to bed! I will look for the picture in the morning and hopefully scan and send tomorrow.
    Ohg yes, my boys were sad to hear that Mielie passed away but very much liked it that the man who gave you Mielie gave you another ram from Mielie's family. They thought that was very kind and such a nice thing to make Cules happy again!!
    Best wishes
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha, my eldest is GREAT at doing that!

    ReplyDelete

Hi,thank you for stopping by "A Little African Magic" and joining my adventures in South Africa. I do enjoy and appreciate to hear from each and every one of you!