Monday, May 30, 2011

Traffic Rules In Africa?

None,you make your own! Wanna move your cattle over the busiest highway in the province..? You just chase your herd right on over..(these motorists have no excitement trying to stay alive on these roads anyways..)



Then,while the cattle are milling about on the highway,you proceed to cut a hole in the very expensive palisade fencing that the government put there to keep you from crossing over the highway at this point.., in full view of everybody too..,




..and did I hear some swear words in at least four different languages too...
I saw some pretty innovative hand signals as well!

11 comments:

  1. Ha! hahahaha! I love this! The Swiss are much too regulated to risk bending the rules or cutting a hole in a fence! I think I'd love living where you do.

    This was great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!
    I can only imagine what would happen here with our twisty, hilly roads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh dear!!! i hate to see the fence destruction! traffic disruption, well...

    ReplyDelete
  4. MAN...did this bring backi some memories of trying to walk or drive places there! No sidewalks,traffic lights,rules! I ddi like the traffic men though, in Nairobi, with their white gloves, at high traffic times...talk about taking your life and giving it to the drivers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're giving cowboys a bad name.
    I have never seen license plates like those before either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't see that happening in my small town. Someone would call the police!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's hilarious Liesl! It's like the wild west!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun! We have to deal with the same four geese... all about as tall as my waist... in the middle of the same road on the same spot everyday. Causes a back-up, I can tall ya! I thought last week would be the end of it... but nope. They were still there this morning. You really cannot tell geese what to do. At.All.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Still giggling over this story... days later! Miss you, Liesl. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. As you say no rules to the road over there. I often wonder why they have traffic lights as a large percentage do not seem to know what they are. Especially taxis early in the morning or late at night!! Diane

    ReplyDelete

Hi,thank you for stopping by "A Little African Magic" and joining my adventures in South Africa. I do enjoy and appreciate to hear from each and every one of you!