Saturday, June 9, 2012

Hallelujah,It's Raining Men!

At approximately 7 o clock this Saturday morning,my husband fired up his chainsaw...at approximately 7:03 am he fell out of the tree together with the huge branch he was trying to kill.., the husband almost wiped out my Love Palm...he fell straight into it...Then,it was time for morning coffee.... Should I read some kind of message into this whole escapade?? The sad news is, Cules is suffering from a bad case of hurt pride, the good news is,the Love Palm has survived!






Getting back at the "Branch-With-An-Attitude...."





Note the kind of dress you wear here in the middle of Winter at 7am!





I kind of liked how this pic turned out....

See,the Angels are watching over you Cules!!!

 On the to-do list today is:

a) Capturing another lot of wild boars for a customer
b) Plowing two hectares for Winter veggies
c) Keeping my husband safe from wild boar attacks and heavy machinery with an attitude...!


The End



10 comments:

  1. You are right the angels were watching over him. Not a good idea to come down from the tree with a the branch you are cutting, glad he is OK. We have more clothes on here in summer at the moment it is really quite chilly!! Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane,I think it will start to get chilly soon now..

      Delete
  2. you've got your hands full, liesl! good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Teresa,luckily no more mishaps on the day!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad he's OK. Winter or not, I wonder about snakes. I put my cowboy boots on here in the summer, just in case I have a snake encounter. And your hubby seems to be practically barefoot or just shoes, anyway. I watched a nature show about black mambas the other evening and the snake catchers seemed to be so very casual about it all. That's what brought this to mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Inger, he wears sandals or goes barefoot a lot of the time he is at home..he always wears his boots when working. Mambas are our biggest fear,we have cobras and black mambas mostly on our farm...mambas WILL chase you when they are shedding or cornered,contrary of what most books say...ask me I KNOW! I fear for Minki most of all as she never leaves a snake alone...

      Delete
  4. Thank goodness he was ok after his fall - never a good idea to fall out of a tree.
    I LOVE your shot with the suns rays shining down on Cules.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ellie,I agree especially as a start to the day! That pic was a nice surprise when I viewed it afterwards!

      Delete
  5. Glad he survived as did the Love Palm. That is a great last shot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Michelle,I think he is glad it wasn't something spiky growing there to catch him!

    ReplyDelete

Hi,thank you for stopping by "A Little African Magic" and joining my adventures in South Africa. I do enjoy and appreciate to hear from each and every one of you!