Thursday, June 28, 2012

A Glorious Mess

Yesterday,my neighbor across the road, phoned and asked me if he could buy back two of the geese he gave me last year.  It seems his dogs are not good guard dogs and he wanted a couple of noisy geese back in his yard...I said sure,take two, I am not selling you back the geese...!! We are always buying animals,boats and such, back and forth, but really, he could have the geese.. So, the nice gentleman brought me two big boxes of oranges from the farm where he works! SO cool. I got the jug out and started squeezing fresh orange juice..so much better than the sugared up stuff you buy in the shops!! It got quite messy,but I was very happy making the mess..... My girls are going to love the fresh juice!






8 comments:

  1. What a trade! I could go for some of this myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm nothing better than masses of nice fresh oranges. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks very good! And how funny about the dogs not being good enough and geese needed for guard duty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love juice freshly juiced from local oranges. When we travel up the coast, we cut through a farming area full of lemon and orange orchards. When they are in season, we stop and buy a huge crate of Valencia oranges and then I juice away. It's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great trade! That juice looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! Orange juice is MUCH better then geese!

    Big hugs
    Leontien

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am new around your blog :) and I love it..
    I am your new happy follower :D

    xxx
    Loly
    http://abudhabifood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi,thank you for stopping by "A Little African Magic" and joining my adventures in South Africa. I do enjoy and appreciate to hear from each and every one of you!