Monday, January 31, 2011

Purple Crested Turaco

I made this video clip to share with you this magical sound we hear all day long, every day here on the farm.We have lots of Turaco's around here and I was wondering if they are in the USA as well....I couldn't get him in my sights,so it is a sound clip only.I am going to take a picture of one that isn't camera shy and post it! They are seriously beautiful birds,with purple,red,grey and green colouring. You do get green and blue ones etc in other parts of  the country. They are fruit eaters and I only have to step outside my kitchen and sit on the patio to listen and watch them...


8 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I had to google him to see what he looked like. We definitely don't have anything like that here! He's beautiful! Thanks for the sound clip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was awesome...wish I could sit there and listen too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to Google him too. I never heard the name, though I see that they are also known as Louries, and that name does ring a bell. They certainly don't exist around here, much too cold, I would think. What a beautiful bird. I, too, could listen to that sound for a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No Turacos around here....they would either starve or freeze to death....even in the summer here!
    What a treat for you to have them so close by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't have any of them. I had to google them also. Beautiful birds and their call is neat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to google them as well! They are beautiful and I loved hearing them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I am happy to have had you all googling Turacos today! They do have a most unusual call and yes we know them as Louries locally and I had to google for their proper name too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never heard that sound around here. They must be beautiful birds by your colorful description, Liesl.
    Google is amazing isn't it!

    be happy and well,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Hi,thank you for stopping by "A Little African Magic" and joining my adventures in South Africa. I do enjoy and appreciate to hear from each and every one of you!